UTOPiAfest 2018 Preview ‘Down in the Oaks’ : Know before you go!
UTOPiAfest “Down in the Oaks” 2018 Preview
One of the best music festivals in Texas (and beyond!) is celebrating its 10th year with a bunch of changes and improvements – including an entirely new venue! Here is the UTOPiAfest 2018 preview with all of the info you need so you can get the most out of your UTOPiAfest 2018 experience!
Date: 11/2 – 11/4
Location: 1301 Hidden Ranch Rd. Burnet, TX
Tickets: Get ticket info here
UTOPiAfest 2018 Venue: Down in the Oaks
UTOPiAfest had enjoyed a long residency on the Four Sisters Ranch, land belonging to the family of founder Travis Sutherland. This beautiful locale was special in its own way, but now UTOPiAfest is heading into a new decade of music and memories in a brand new location.
Sutherland has partnered with Down in the Oaks Entertainment, whose founders also have access to a family ranch – this one a sprawling 100+ acres just an hour outside of Austin, TX – nearly two hours closer to the city than the previous location.
The new home of UTOPiAfest will feature large open fields, groves of ancient oak trees, trails, ponds, and even access to the San Gabriel River. All of this and just a short ride from downtown Austin!
“To be able to expand our UTOPiAn dream and be accessible to more people is an honor,” says Travis Sutherland. “We can’t wait to create an unforgettable weekend in the Texas Hill Country.”
UTOPiAfest 2018 Lineup
To celebrate their 10th year and launch a new journey in a new venue, UTOPiAfest clearly pulled all the stops with the stellar 2018 lineup of 35+ bands!
The party kicks off for the early-birds on Thursday with Grandmaster Flash and a solo-performance by Keller Williams, as well as The Hillbenders in the Goodtimes Grove.
Friday night fans will be treated to Keller Williams Pettygrass ft. The Hillbenders, Patty Griffin, and Lucas Nelson and the Promise of Real.
STS9 will be headlining on Saturday night, along with Medeski’s Mad Skillet, the newest project/supergroup from legendary keyboardist John Medeski.
But this is just the tip of the iceberg! View the full daily lineup
Beer, Wine, and Food at UTOPiAfest 2018
Attendees at UTOPiAfest 2018 will “enjoy a curated culinary and beverage experience,” including Texas-made and locally sourced craft beers from Zilker Brewing Company, Texas Beer Co. and Real Ale Brewing Company. There’s even a Utopian Festival Ale by Zilker Brewing Co. celebrating the event!
As for food, UTOPiAfest 2018 will feature a Food Forest, featuring some of the best eats that Austin and Hill Country have to offer!
With a new venue and an incredible lineup, there are plenty of reasons to go to UTOPiAfest 2018. Here are the top 10:
Top ten reasons not to miss UTOPiAfest 2018: Down in the Oaks
- No Overlapping Music! Forget about running from stage to stage. Instead, do what you came for – relax and enjoy the show!
- BYOB! What? Seriously? Yes, one of the coolest things about UTOPiAfest is that attendees are permitted to bring their own adult refreshments. One change this year is that there will be a beer garden inside the venue, but you are still encouraged to enjoy your own beverages at the campground.
- No tent? No problem! This year, attendees to UTOPiAfest have several options for accommodations. Several “Glamping” opportunities are available, where festy-goers can rent a spacious tent with beds or cots in a luxurious private campground with showers and electricity! Or bring an RV (or rent if you don’t have one) and enjoy your own comforts! Learn more here.
- Pre-Party. Passes are available for the Thursday Pre-Party featuring Grandmaster Flash and Keller Williams! Or turn it into a full fall vacation and buy a Wednesday early-entry ticket to really enjoy getting Down in the Oaks!
- Good Times Grove. Continuing a tradition from the previous location, UTOPiAfest 2018 will also feature intimate late-night acoustic sets at the Good Times Grove.
- Shuttles to and from Austin. Not into camping, glamping or RV-ing? Weird, but acceptable, we guess! UTOPiAfest has you covered, though. Shuttles will pick up and drop off from two locations in Austin, TX. More shuttle info.
- Silent Disco! Another UTOPiAfest tradition – the Silent Disco gives late-night partiers
a venueto keep the dancing going while allowing others the opportunity for a little shut-eye!
- YOGA. There will be plenty of activities devoted to Health and Wellness, curated by Black Swan Yoga and Onnit.
- Other Activites: We could really make this list a lot longer! There’s disc golf, hiking, biking, and workshops! Not to mention chilling in a hammock by your campsite!
- Sound Tribe Sector Nine! STS9 at UTOPiAfest!!? Need we say more??