What Can I Bring To Red Rocks Amphitheatre? | Red Rocks Guides
Red Rocks Guides: What Can I Bring to Red Rocks Amphitheatre?
Red Rocks Amphitheatre Permitted and Prohibited Items
Red Rocks Amphitheatre is one of the most iconic music and arts venues in the entire world. Nestled among the beauty of the natural rocks formations that frame the arena, Red Rocks has been a part of Colorado history for almost a hundred years. It’s no wonder then that music lovers from around the world flock to this one-of-a-kind venue.
As Red Rocks draws fans from all stretches of the globe, it’s understandable that attendees come with plenty of questions. Tourists have spent hundreds (or thousands) of dollars on tickets, transportation and accommodations, and no one wants their good time ruined by not knowing all of the Red Rocks Amphitheatre Rules and Regulations.
At Festy GoNuts, we always want you to have the best experience wherever you go. Our motto is “Be Your Fest Self.” The best way to do that is to have all of the mundane in order and to be properly prepared, so you can forget your worries and Dance Like Everyone’s Watching!
So, here is a guide to what you can and can’t bring to Red Rocks Amphitheatre:
Red Rocks Amphitheatre: Permitted and Prohibited Items
DO Bring to Red Rocks Amphitheatre:
- Non-alcoholic beverages in factory sealed plastic containers (32 oz. or less), unless prohibited by the show; some shows may require the removal of lids upon entering the Amphitheatre.
- Empty, reusable water bottles e.g., Nalgene bottles, Camelbaks, aluminum bottles (32 oz. or less)
- Soft-sided coolers, six-pack size (10″ x 7″ x 7″ or smaller)
- Cloth bags, soft packs (12” x 17” x 12” or smaller) including backpacks (Check out these funky festival packs!)
- Food for personal consumption only; food must be in a clear plastic bag (one gallon or less), fruit and vegetables must be sliced, plastic utensils only
- Blankets, must not extend beyond your ticketed seating area (max size 40″ x 60″)
- Stadium seats and seat cushions (must be under 18″ wide, cannot have legs)
- Personal cameras without removable lenses, unless prohibited by show
- Hat (you can still look good!)
- Sunglasses (get some funky ones!)
- Raincoat or rain poncho (Trust us. Ignore the forecast and bring a raincoat!)
- Warm layer (See above!) You’re coming to Colorado, might as well grab a puffy coat to fit in!
DON’T Bring to Red Rocks Amphitheatre:
- Alcoholic beverages, marijuana and illegal drugs
- Glass bottles/objects or aluminum cans
- Laser pointers
- Hard-sided coolers
- Soft-sided coolers larger than 10” x 7” x 7”
- Framed backpacks
- Strollers of any kind
- Audio or video recording devices, GoPros, 360-degree cameras, and cameras with removable lenses
- Selfie sticks
- Weapons of any kind (e.g. guns, knives, chains, studded/spiked jewelry)
- Totems (self-crafted, decorated sticks or poles)
- Bullhorns and noisemakers
- Aerosols (e.g., hairspray, sunscreen, boost oxygen)
- Confetti, glitter and other items that can be thrown
- Hula Hoops
- Animals (with the exception of service animals as defined by the ADA)
- Poi (e.g., sticks, rope, balls, fiber optic whips)
- Remote-controlled flying devices or UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles)
Follow the rules about what you can and can’t bring when going to Red Rocks Amphitheatre and you’ll be sure to have a good time.
See you on the rocks!
Find Accommodations Near Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre:
Red Rocks Amphitheater Guides
We've put together these Red Rocks Amphitheater Guides so you can go to Red Rocks like a pro! Everything you need to know, from parking and transportation to lodging, ticketing, eating, and drinking at Red Rocks, and more.
See you on the Rocks!
Red Rocks 2022 Concert Calendar
The complete list of every concert at Red Rocks Amphitheater in 2022.
Tips for a Red Rocks Concert
An overview of everything you need to do Red Rocks Amphitheater like a pro, your first time and every time!
Red Rocks Lodging Guide
Coming from out of town? There are plenty of lodging options around Red Rocks Amphitheater, if you know where to look!
Fall music festivals are the best – if you have the right gear. Check out our Fall Festival Favorites for all the best cool weather festival gear.
Phish announced a 4-night New Year’s run at Madison Square Garden to close out 2022. Take that, Billy Joel.
Billy Strings partners with CashorTrade to sell face-value tickets to sold-out Asheville Halloween run.
WinterWonderGrass announces 2023 lineup. Greensky Bluegrass, The Infamous Stringdusters, Leftover Salmon headline the 10th Anniversary: March 3-5, 2023, in Steamboat Springs, CO.
Banjo player Andy Thorn (Leftover Salmon) released “Songs of the Sunrise Fox,” an instrumental album inspired by his viral encounters with a red fox named “Foxy.”
Denver’s The Green House Band are celebrating their 3rd studio release, “Burning Blue,” out now on all platforms.
Rhythms on the Rio Music Festival took place in Del Norte, CO, August 5 – 7, 2022. The new location had much to offer, and the music, people and vibes were unparalleled!
Shoe Fest 2022 in Manteno, IL finalizes lineup for Labor Day weekend festival, including Leftover Salmon, Keller Williams, Allie Kral and more.
Greensky Bluegrass announces 2022 Fall Tour, including Thanksgiving and New Years runs, and several PNW and California shows.