What Can I Bring To Red Rocks Amphitheatre? | Red Rocks Guides
Red Rocks Guides: What Can I Bring to Red Rocks Amphitheatre?
Red Rocks Amphitheatre Permitted and Prohibited Items
Red Rocks Amphitheatre is one of the most iconic music and arts venues in the entire world. Nestled among the beauty of the natural rocks formations that frame the arena, Red Rocks has been a part of Colorado history for almost a hundred years. It’s no wonder then that music lovers from around the world flock to this one-of-a-kind venue.
As Red Rocks draws fans from all stretches of the globe, it’s understandable that attendees come with plenty of questions. Tourists have spent hundreds (or thousands) of dollars on tickets, transportation and accommodations, and no one wants their good time ruined by not knowing all of the Red Rocks Amphitheatre Rules and Regulations.
At Festy GoNuts, we always want you to have the best experience wherever you go. Our motto is “Be Your Fest Self.” The best way to do that is to have all of the mundane in order and to be properly prepared, so you can forget your worries and Dance Like Everyone’s Watching!
So, here is a guide to what you can and can’t bring to Red Rocks Amphitheatre:
Red Rocks Amphitheatre: Permitted and Prohibited Items
DO Bring to Red Rocks Amphitheatre:
- Non-alcoholic beverages in factory sealed plastic containers (32 oz. or less), unless prohibited by the show; some shows may require the removal of lids upon entering the Amphitheatre.
- Empty, reusable water bottles e.g., Nalgene bottles, Camelbaks, aluminum bottles (32 oz. or less)
- Soft-sided coolers, six-pack size (10″ x 7″ x 7″ or smaller)
- Cloth bags, soft packs (12” x 17” x 12” or smaller) including backpacks (Check out these funky festival packs!)
- Food for personal consumption only; food must be in a clear plastic bag (one gallon or less), fruit and vegetables must be sliced, plastic utensils only
- Blankets, must not extend beyond your ticketed seating area (max size 40″ x 60″)
- Stadium seats and seat cushions (must be under 18″ wide, cannot have legs)
- Personal cameras without removable lenses, unless prohibited by show
- Hat (you can still look good!)
- Sunglasses (get some funky ones!)
- Raincoat or rain poncho (Trust us. Ignore the forecast and bring a raincoat!)
- Warm layer (See above!) You’re coming to Colorado, might as well grab a puffy coat to fit in!
DON’T Bring to Red Rocks Amphitheatre:
- Alcoholic beverages, marijuana and illegal drugs
- Glass bottles/objects or aluminum cans
- Laser pointers
- Hard-sided coolers
- Soft-sided coolers larger than 10” x 7” x 7”
- Framed backpacks
- Strollers of any kind
- Audio or video recording devices, GoPros, 360-degree cameras, and cameras with removable lenses
- Selfie sticks
- Weapons of any kind (e.g. guns, knives, chains, studded/spiked jewelry)
- Totems (self-crafted, decorated sticks or poles)
- Bullhorns and noisemakers
- Aerosols (e.g., hairspray, sunscreen, boost oxygen)
- Confetti, glitter and other items that can be thrown
- Hula Hoops
- Animals (with the exception of service animals as defined by the ADA)
- Poi (e.g., sticks, rope, balls, fiber optic whips)
- Remote-controlled flying devices or UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles)
Follow the rules about what you can and can’t bring when going to Red Rocks Amphitheatre and you’ll be sure to have a good time.
You should also be sure to do a little research about Red Rocks Transportation and Parking at Red Rocks to arrive like a pro! (Want even more? Check out our Tips For Enjoying a Concert at Red Rocks.)
See you on the rocks!
Find Accommodations Near Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre:
Forget what you’ve heard – Dance Like EVERYONE’s Watching!
Check out all the stylish designs in the Festy GoNuts shop, and always Be Your Fest Self, no matter where you are!
Don't miss the latest Music and Festival News!
WhooHooo! Check your email for the Festy Food Guide. Thanks!
Red Rocks Amphitheater Guides
We've put together these Red Rocks Amphitheater Guides so you can go to Red Rocks like a pro! Everything you need to know, from parking and transportation to lodging, ticketing, eating, and drinking at Red Rocks, and more.
See you on the Rocks!
Red Rocks Lodging Guide
Coming from out of town? There are plenty of lodging options around Red Rocks Amphitheater, if you know where to look!
Tips for a Red Rocks Concert
An overview of everything you need to do Red Rocks Amphitheater like a pro, your first time and every time!
Greensky Bluegrass Announces “Camp Greensky Iceland” – June 2023, w/ Fruition, Holly Bowling, more!
Greensky Bluegrass announced “Camp Greensky Iceland” – June 3-5 in REYKJAVIK, with Holly Bowling & Fruition and after-parties with Neighbor and The ‘Lil Smokies.
Suwannee Spring Reunion Announces 2023 Lineup
Suwannee Spring Reunion announces lineup for 2023 festival in Live Oak, FL, March 23-26. Featuring The Infamous Stringdusters, Sam Bush, Leftover Salmon, more!
Blue Ox Music Festival Announces 2023 Lineup
Blue Ox Music Festival announces lineup for 2023 in Eau Claire, WI, June 22-24. Featuring Mike Gordon, Sam Bush, Avett Bros., Charlie Crockett, Infamous Stringdusters and many more.
Gem & Jam adds more than 40 multi-genre acts to stacked 2023 festival lineup
Gem & Jam Festival – February 3-5, 2023 at Pima County Fairgrounds in Tucson, Arizona – announced the addition of new artists to already stacked lineup.
Red Rocks 2023 Concert Calendar
Red Rocks Amphitheater Schedule – the 2023 Red Rocks Concert Calendar, plus links to all the Red Rocks Guides.
2023 Grammy Nominees for Best Bluegrass Album
The 2023 Grammy Nominees for Best Bluegrass Album include Molly Tuttle, who is also nominated for overall Best New Artist.
Big Richard Delivers Monster Sold-Out Show to Kick Off Halloween
Big Richard kicked off Halloween Weekend in Denver with a sold-out “Goth at the Gothic” Theater show, with Pixie and the Partygrass Boys.
Vince Herman (Leftover Salmon) to Release First Solo Album: “Enjoy the Ride”
Vince Herman of Leftover Salmon is releasing his first solo album, “Enjoy The Ride.” The first single, “Lost Lover’s Eyes” is available now. Pre order the album.
WinterWonderGrass Announces Lineup for 10th Anniversary in Steamboat, CO
WinterWonderGrass announces 2023 lineup. Greensky Bluegrass, The Infamous Stringdusters, Leftover Salmon headline the 10th Anniversary: March 3-5, 2023, in Steamboat Springs, CO.