What Can I Bring To Red Rocks Amphitheatre? | Red Rocks Guides
Red Rocks Guides: What Can I Bring to Red Rocks Amphitheatre?
Red Rocks Amphitheatre Permitted and Prohibited Items
Red Rocks Amphitheatre is one of the most iconic music and arts venues in the entire world. Nestled among the beauty of the natural rocks formations that frame the arena, Red Rocks has been a part of Colorado history for almost a hundred years. It’s no wonder then that music lovers from around the world flock to this one-of-a-kind venue.
As Red Rocks draws fans from all stretches of the globe, it’s understandable that attendees come with plenty of questions. Tourists have spent hundreds (or thousands) of dollars on tickets, transportation and accommodations, and no one wants their good time ruined by not knowing all of the Red Rocks Amphitheatre Rules and Regulations.
At Festy GoNuts, we always want you to have the best experience wherever you go. Our motto is “Be Your Fest Self.” The best way to do that is to have all of the mundane in order and to be properly prepared, so you can forget your worries and Dance Like Everyone’s Watching!
So, here is a guide to what you can and can’t bring to Red Rocks Amphitheatre:
Red Rocks Amphitheatre: Permitted and Prohibited Items
NEW RED ROCKS BAG POLICY
New to 2023, Red Rocks is prohibiting bags with more than one pocket. This single-pocket bag policy applies to hydration backs and backpacks.
While this might seem limiting, we have found products that fit the requirements, while still being very functional.
DO Bring to Red Rocks Amphitheatre:
- Single pocket bags and clear bags no larger than 13” x 15” x 8”
- Small purses and fanny packs that are 6″ x 9″ or smaller
- Non-alcoholic beverages in factory sealed plastic containers (32 oz. or less), unless prohibited by the show; some shows may require the removal of lids upon entering the amphitheatre.
- Empty, reusable water bottles – e.g., Nalgene bottles, Camelbaks, aluminum bottles (32 oz. or less)
- Hydration packs (Camelbaks, etc.) are allowed but limited to 2L in size, must be emptied of all liquid and have no more than one pocket in addition to the one holding the water reservoir
- Soft-sided coolers, six-pack size (10″ x 7″ x 7″ or smaller)
- Food for personal consumption only; food must be in a clear plastic bag (one gallon or less), fruit and vegetables must be sliced, plastic utensils only
- Blankets: Can be no larger than 40″ x 60.”
They must not extend beyond ticketed seating
area and are not permitted on any walkways
- Stadium seats and seat cushions (must be under 18″ wide, cannot have legs)
- Personal point-and-shoot cameras without
removable lenses (unless prohibited
by the show)
- Empty poster tubes
- Hat (you can still look good!)
- Sunglasses (get some funky ones!)
- Raincoat or rain poncho (Trust us. Ignore the forecast and bring a raincoat!)
- Warm layer (See above!) You’re coming to Colorado, might as well grab a puffy coat to fit in!
DON’T Bring to Red Rocks Amphitheatre:
- Bags with multiple pockets, as well as any bag larger than 13″ x 15″ x 8″
- Alcoholic beverages, marijuana and illegal drugs
- Glass bottles/objects or aluminum cans
- Liquids in non-factory sealed containers
- Aerosols (e.g. hairspray and sunscreen)
- Animals including emotional support animals (with the exception of service animals as defined by the ADA)
- Remote controlled flying devices or UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles, drones)
- Weapons of any kind (e.g. guns, knives, pepper spray / mace, chains, studded / spiked jewelry
- Poi (e.g. sticks, ropes, balls)
- Audio or video recording devices, Go Pros, 360-degree cameras, tablets and cameras with removable lenses
- Laser pointers
- Hard-sided coolers or soft-sided coolers larger than 10″ x 7″ x 7″
- Selfie sticks
- Totems (self-crafted, decorated sticks or poles)
Bullhorns and noisemakers
- Strollers of any kind
- Full face masks / helmets which obscure the identity of the wearer
- Confetti, glitter and other items that can be thrown
- Hula hoops
Follow the rules about what you can and can’t bring when going to Red Rocks Amphitheatre and you’ll be sure to have a good time.
See you on the rocks!
Find Accommodations Near Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre:
Red Rocks Amphitheater Guides
We've put together these Red Rocks Amphitheater Guides so you can go to Red Rocks like a pro! Everything you need to know, from parking and transportation to lodging, ticketing, eating, and drinking at Red Rocks, and more.
See you on the Rocks!
Red Rocks Lodging Guide
Coming from out of town? There are plenty of lodging options around Red Rocks Amphitheater, if you know where to look!
Tips for a Red Rocks Concert
An overview of everything you need to do Red Rocks Amphitheater like a pro, your first time and every time!
Red Rocks 2023 Concert Calendar
The complete list of every concert (announced so far) at Red Rocks Amphitheater in 2023.
The 3rd Making Memorie Festival will take place during Alzheimer’s Awareness Month on Sunday, November 12th at L.A. State Historic Park with Ozomatli as headliner.
Broke Mountain Bluegrass Band (Anders Beck, Travis Book, Andy Thorn, & Jon Stickley) release an album on November 3, 2023.
Join Galaxy Jams and All That Jam for their first in-person podcast event, taking place on October 19, 2023 at Knew Conscious in Denver, Colorado.
The 2023 Annapolis Baygrass Music Festival marked its arrival as an incredible new music festival in Maryland.
Green Disco aims to create environments where every fan can connect to the energy of the event while knowing their direct effects on the ground they’re dancing on.
WinterWonderGrass Steamboat takes place March 1-3, 2024, at the Steamboat Ski Resort in Steamboat Springs, Colorado featuring The Dead South, The Infamous Stringdusters, Sierra Ferrell and more!
PREMIERE of “I’ve Been Traveling” by Pert Near Sandstone of their upcoming new album, “Waiting Days.” LISTEN NOW!
Vince Herman Band embarks on Fall Tour in support of “Enjoy The Ride,” the first solo album from the Leftover Salmon frontman.
Rhythms on the Rio Music Festival took it to the next level for 2023. Infamous Stringdusters, Kitchen Dwellers, The Motet headline epic party in Del Norte, CO.